Käferlein Loop AMA-82 20-80m, 100W
AMA-82 20-80m, 100W
- A magnetic loop antenna must be weatherproof for operation outside a building. The selection of materials and construction of the joints are of high importance. By many practical experiments the best suitable materials have been selected.
- The tube of the loop and the tuning capacitor must be constructed very robust, to avoid fluctuations of the inductivity and capacity and therefore fluctuations of the resonant frequency. Besides the mechanical stability the tuning capacitor must be built with thick plates, a solid axle and large electrical contacts to prevent heating from the high electrical currents. The also keeps losses at a minimum.
- For a precise tuning an accurate and continues mechanical drive, free of play, should be used. This mechanical drive must work reliably under all weather influences.
For best radiation symmetry we will use a symmetric coupling with a secondary loop.
- The magnetic loop antenna should withstand excess power without permanent damage. This requires that the insulating material of the capacitor is resistive against high voltages, leak currents and arcing. When the antenna is accidentially overloaded there will only be a flash arc between the capacitor plates, but the antenna itself will not be damaged.
- Mast mount for vertical installation, max. 60 mm mast diameter
- DC cable for controller
- Connector for control cable (Hirschmann STAS200 to the antenna, 3.5 mm mono phone plug to the controller)
- Printed instructions
|Efficiency 14 MHz||96|
|Efficiency 7 MHz||72|
|Efficiency 3.5 MHz||22|
|Bandwidth 3.5 MHz (kHz)||12|
|Bandwidth 7 MHz (kHz)||26|
|Bandwidth 14 MHz (kHz)||45|
|Efficiency 10 MHz||90|
|Bandwidth 10 MHz (kHz)||4|
|Bandwidth (kHz)||4 - 45|
|Gain 3.5 MHz [dBi]||-4.7|
|Gain 7 MHz [dBi]||0.4|
|Gain 10 MHz [dBi]||1.3|
|Gain 14 MHz [dBi]||1.6|
|Max. Power [W]||100 W|
|Max. Windspeed (km/h)||120|
|Supported Bands||20m, 30m, 40m, 60m, 80m|